Thursday, September 27, 2012

Winter Squash






It's hard to believe that back in May, I planted several, tiny winter squash plant starters and I have ended up with actual squash. This is the first time that I have had any success growing them. Given the size and the huge growth of all of the vines, I thought for sure that I would be harvesting dozens of squashes but that was not the case. A number of them literally died on the vine. And, though, it was not a large haul, it has been gratifying nonetheless. I am looking forward to using some of them for autumn and Halloween decorations. And, a few, like the Baby Blue Hubbards and Sweet Dumplings, I look forward to eating. I cannot wait to grow more next year.




1 comment:

  1. Sorry to bother you with my message. I was browsing Facebook when I came across your awesome profile. I tried to send you a friend request, but it didn't work. I like the post you shared on your timeline and would love to make friends with you. If you don't mind, click here on my profile to send me a friend request, we can chat more on messenger. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete