Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Dramm Fine Hose




Yes, it is totally geeky but I am writing out my new hose. I cannot help it. I love this this hose. It's orange. It makes me smile to look at it.

We actually already have one for the backyard and it's been great for more than a year and a half. Oh, we have had other hoses that we have purchased at Target or Home Depot. And, they were all crap. Calling them crap is being kind. Absolute garbage and a waste of money is what they ended up being. They would crack and leak and just generally fall apart within months.

Then one day, I decided to get serious about the hose issue and ordered the Dramm Colorstorm Premium Rubber Hose from Gardener's Supply Company. This one was yellow. But, the best part is that it worked. No cracking, no leaking. Plus, it is still going strong after a year and a half. Sure, it's not cheap but I had spent more money constantly buying crappy hoses so it has been money well worth spent. So well worth spent, that we just bought our second one for the front yard. And, I love the orange color. So much more fun and cheerier than green or black. Dramm gets it right. They make a high quality product that lasts and even comes in fun colors. The added bonus is that they are made in the USA. I'm not trying to point fingers or anything but those other hoses were all made in China.

The moral of this story is buy quality. It is well worth the extra money.

No comments:

Post a Comment