Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oy Vey! So Much Matzoh!



After Monday night's Passover Seder, we had so much leftover matzoh that we were not sure what to do with it all. Then, I saw this great post on Salon.com about making matzoh brei. Not just any old matzoh brei but a french toast version. So, I can't resist and have to try it the next morning. Really easy, since it's just beaten eggs with a little milk and some broken pieces of matzoh all cooked up like scrambled eggs. Then you just add some maple syrup. Of course, I couldn't help tweaking the recipe and I added some cinnamon and nutmeg. Everything is much nicer with a little spice.

But, the experimenting did not stop there. Today, I made a Tex-Mex version. I added in some cheese (feta since I did not have any cotija) and topped it with sliced avocado and some hot sauce. It was delicious. I may just have to have it again tomorrow. Unless, of course, I will think of something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment